Energy Storage 101
This section of the storagewiki.epri.com is intended to provide an introductory overview of energy storage technology, applications, and deployment considerations. It is intended to be a tool to support bringing new stakeholders up to speed on the energy storage landscape.
The content is based on Energy Storage 101 training courses EPRI has presented in various venues. We will continue to build out the content with a more detailed narrative. If you have any suggestions, please email Erin Minear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
State of Energy Storage: Drivers and Big Picture
- Decreases in technology costs section
- Increasing renewable generation
- Evolution of utility needs
- Increasing utility customer choice and engagement
- Policy and regulatory changes