Energy Storage 101
This section of the storagewiki.epri.com is intended to provide an introductory overview of energy storage technology, applications, and deployment considerations. It is intended to be a tool to support bringing new stakeholders up to speed on the energy storage landscape.
The content is based on Energy Storage 101 training courses EPRI has presented in various venues. We will continue to build out the content with a more detailed narrative. If you have any suggestions, please email Erin Minear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
State of Energy Storage: Drivers and Big Picture
What is driving the adoption of energy storage and how do these forces influence the current energy storage landscape throughout the world? This section covers the following topics in more detail:
- Decreases in technology costs [Energy Storage 101/Drivers and Big Picture|Drivers and Big Picture#Decreases in Technology Costs]
- Increasing renewable generation
- Evolution of utility needs
- Increasing utility customer choice and engagement
- Policy and regulatory changes