Difference between revisions of "Energy Storage 101"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[File:ES101 Intro.|right|thumb|Energy Storage 101. The content of this section of storagewiki.epri.com covers introductory energy storage material on [[Energy Storage 101/Drivers and Big Picture|industry drivers]], [[Energy Storage 101/Economics|economics]], [[Energy Storage 101/Technologies|technologies]], and [[Energy Storage 101/Integration and Deployment|integration and deployment]].|class=responsiveimg]]
Revision as of 13:56, 4 May 2021
The content is based on Energy Storage 101 training courses EPRI has presented in various venues. We will continue to build out the content with a more detailed narrative. If you have any suggestions, please email Erin Minear (firstname.lastname@example.org).
State of Energy Storage: Drivers and Big Picture
What is driving the adoption of energy storage and how do these forces influence the current energy storage landscape throughout the world? This section covers the following topics in more detail.
Drivers for Energy Storage
- Decreasing technology costs
- Increasing renewable generation
- Evolving utility needs
- Increasing utility customer choice and engagement
- Policy and regulatory changes
Current Status and Future Outlook
Energy Storage Economics
- Energy storage cost components
- Grid services and examples
- Customer storage valuation
- Hybrid energy storage
- Valuation challenges
Energy Storage Technologies
- Definition of energy storage
- Characteristics of energy storage: How to understand and consider performance
- Survey of technologies: Different storage mediums